TOKYO STORIES COOKBOOK
Tokyo Stories is a journey through the boulevards and backstreets of Tokyo via recipes both iconic and unexpected.
Chef Tim Anderson takes inspiration from the chefs, shopkeepers, and home cooks of Tokyo to showcase both traditional and cutting-edge takes on classic dishes like sushi, ramen, yakitori, and tempura. Also included are dishes that Tokyoites love to eat with origins from abroad, like Japanese interpretations of Korean barbecue, Italian pizza and pasta, French patisserie, and American burgers.
Tim tackles his food tour of Tokyo from the ground up, with chapters broken down into:
- Lower Ground Floor: Tokyo on the Go (Department Store Basements, Subway Stations, and Convenience Stores);
- First Floor: Tokyo Local (food traditional to Tokyo);
- Second Floor: Tokyo National (food traditional to Japan);
- Third Floor: Tokyo Global (Japanese food with an international twist)
- Fourth Floor: Tokyo at Home (Japanese home cooking); and,
- Fifth Floor: Tokyo Modern (experimental Japanese food found in high-end hotel bars).
About the Author
Tim Anderson is a chef, food writer, and MasterChef champion. Born and raised in Wisconsin, Tim studied Japanese food culture at university and lived in Japan for two years. After moving to London, he won MasterChef in 2011, which catapulted him into a position as one of the UK’s most prominent voices on Japanese food, American food, and craft beer. He has operated the pop-up Japanese restaurant Nanban since 2013, which has inspired a book, Nanban: Japanese Soul Food. Tim’s restaurant of the same name, opened in the heart of Brixton at the end of 2015, and has been widely supported by critics and customers alike.
All orders are packed and shipped within 24 hours of placement, excluding weekends and public holidays. We offer free in store pick up from our Airlie Beach boutique.